Monday 9 May 2011

When I grow up.....

Right due to an abundant amount of things going wrong and money restraints I have changed my project. My new idea is to document in a fantasy/fairy tale style of childhood. This series will not include children it will only show the objects that are key objects that are in infantsey. The lighting is going to be soft, to make it dream like and I am going to have most of the image out of focus to draw the attention to the most important part of the image, the object. I don't know if I am going to do this in colour or black and white, this is something that I will decide when taking and reviewing the images.

The title of this series will be called When I grow up...  I like this title as it is something that children don't necessarily think about but they role play day to day, for example doctors, nurses, teacher etc. Children's toys are made by adults so the toys played by children represent the adult world in a child friendly and usually plastic way.

I am still planning to make the book myself as I think it will be easier and I will have more control over the colour management of the images and I can also manage the layout more effectively as many of the software's to create your book layouts don't always allow you to place the images, re size or rotate, and the prices can be extremely unreasonable as I have found out and the quality cant always be guaranteed when using a publishing service. The book I will make 6 x 7 and this will allow me to proportion the image sizes well and I think will make a small but charming book.

No comments: